Sunday, July 3, 2011

What is Orthognathic Overbite Surgery?

Orthognathic Surgeon is used to correct many bite problems. In my case it is to correct Maxillary Excess AND Overbite as well as showert and anatomically incorrect steep chin. In this surgery it would take approximately 8 hours. They would cut the top jaw out of my mouth and cut off the top jaw to make it short and to put it back so that when I smile, you do not get the gummy effect. Then they would cut the bottom jaw and bring it out. To reattach these jaws they would place 8 metal plates in my face. I would have to have my braces on before this surgery so they could wire my jaw shut for six weeks. I would eat a liquid diet via a GIANT syringe. By three months I could start eating soft foods at least then later on move to hard foods. I am thinking about getting a No MRI Medical Alert Bracelet because say for instnance Im in an accident and Im knocked out and they go to do an MRI of my brain, they could end up ruining the surgery and killing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment