Sunday, July 3, 2011

June 22 2011 My Dental Cleaning

Ok, as a child, I have been frightened of the dentist because when I was really young the x-ray cardboard you bite down on slipped to the back of my throat. I went again when I was 8 then stopped going until high school and found the coolest dentist who retired and then I stopped going. I hadnt gone in three years as of now. My Orthodontist said I should get my teeth done before she wanted to put the braces on me. Of course being obediant I made the appointment 2 days after I initially saw her. The dentist I went to was a friend of my orthodontist. This is a cosmetic dentist prosthodontist/periodontist who went to Harvard. They are also out of boston. I felt very very scared of the dentist so I went and they were actually super friendly and nice. I very throroughly enjoyed my cleaning which was not scary at all. They first picked at my teeth, then they scrapped every single nook and cranny. Then they washed and then brushed my teeth with this flouride tooth paste. Then they floosed my teeth for me and poked my gums with a VERY sharp instrument to make sure my gums were healthy. Then they took x rays with this advanced impossible to swallow red ring you bite on. Then, the dentist himself came in. He flossed my teeth again and poked my gums. I asked if it was ok to get braces on and he said of course that braces would be a very good thing for me. So then they said they would send over some information to my orthodontist.

No comments:

Post a Comment