Sunday, July 3, 2011

June 15 2011-First Consultation

Hello, my name is Jennifer Medeiros. Everyone calls me Jenn. This is my blog about my braces journey. I have previously sought orthdontic treatment since I was 7 years old. I have been denied EVERY time. I am now 19 going to be 20 on August 17 :) I recently have had the chance to go for another consultation. I tried Boston MA this time. I arrived at my first conultation with confidence. (not too much in my smile lol). I arrived and went in the "special chair" in the orthodontist's office. They had me first get digital photos taken from all angles, profiles fronts, smiles resting positions, in the mouths and everything. Then in came some really sweet lady who is the orthodontist. There is only one at this practice and it is privately owned by her. She started interrogating my mouth, she took a little longer than I was used to. After a while she sat me down saying she could give me some appliance that wasnt headgear but that was just as bad. She said that she thinks ideally I could have surgery done but then she thought about it and said ah nah we should just try braces and the appliance. So then she said wow well since I have you here we can take the records bcause it took you three hours to get here. So we did and I had impressions done and two different x rays ones panaramic and the other just a profile view. Then I was told she would study my case and re-present it to me with an actual treatment plan. She also told me I needed a dental cleaning done. My next appointment with her would be on june 30 2011 at noon.

No comments:

Post a Comment