Thursday, March 15, 2012

Poking Hooks - I Took Them Out of my Braces

Hooks I Took Out by Jay Medeiros
Hooks I Took Out, a photo by Jay Medeiros on Flickr.
Hey so I know a lot of braces patients like yourselves have had a lot of pokey oarts of the braces. Usually wax will do the trick, sometimes you either have to cut something or take care of it yourself or go in for an office visit. That was impossible for me considering it was midnight and I am working all this week. For me it is mostly these two upper Canine hooks that were not being used. the thing with Damon braces is that you can add or take away hooks at any time to any bracket. We had these fromt he first time. The other day it was really bad, it was like a cheeze grader making mozzerella cheese of the inside of my mouth ripping it up making horrible sores and causing it to bleed. I could not even eat or close my mouth it was HORRIBLE. So I put wax on it, DID NOT stay on long nore did it help and I put a heaping wad. So I topok out both of these hooks. I called the office the next business day and let them/Kathy be aware of what I had to do and she said it was not a problem at all and did not matter because that was not the hooks I was presently using. I toldher I tried to salvage the hooks when trying to take them out so then can put them back in but I couldn't she said it was fine they have a ton in the office.

No comments:

Post a Comment