Thursday, March 15, 2012

Braces Fourth Adjustment 4-1-2012

Hey Everyone, so I had my fourth adjustment. It was at 8:20 AM and I got there early studying my flashcards so then I brought them in with me and went in early at 8:15 AM and sat in the waiting room and studied my flashcards. I talked to Kathy and told her what I was studying and what not. So in walked my orthodontist like 7 minutes later with a HUGE thing of flowers bigger than she is. She's on the shorter side; smaller than me. She walks by me saying "That Jenn is always studying." She went in her office and get ready for her day of work. Weird thing is she came out to the waiting area and called me over herself, usually her assistants do that. So I sat in the first chair. As I was about to sit down my orthodontist looked at me and said "You're scary!" (Which makes me think she is a Harry Potter fan or has seen the movies because Ron is always calling Hermione scary for being a smart know-it-all, I ought to ask her next time I go). Funny thing I dropped my new cell phone on the ground and the battery came out, talk about embarassing she she picked it up for me. So she looked at my teeth and was super excited about the movement she said "WOW! Your teeth are just cruising along." So then I asked her to pick out a colour. She said "No way, not unloess you want brown." I said "Why cause no one wants it?" She said "Exactly I'd spring clean them on you." I said "No thanks" So then she said ".018 on .018 on the bottom same wire on the top). That is the square wire on bottom.  The orthodontist got up and went over to two younger girls, teenagers. They bother had to wear elastics:
To the Zebra elastics at night girl:
Ortho: Have you been wearing your elastics?
Girl: No
Ortho: You need to be wearing them if not every niht most nights of the week
Girl: Yeah about that.
To the 24/7 elastics girl:
Ortho: Have you been wearing your elastics and all the time?
Girl: Yes
Ortho: NO you havent, I can tell.
Girl: I swear to God I have been.
Ortho: no you havent and I don't appreciate you lying to me. I can tell you have not because your teeth have not moved at ALL since the last time you were here. How old are you?
Girl: 14.
Ortho: Yeah you're old enough to follow my simple instructions nad yet you have not. Start wearing them.
          So that is a little word of advice: NEVER lie to the orthodontist, well basically never stop following her commands and you will advoid that embarassing situation. So I asked to brush my teeth and the assistant let me, I took out my electric toothbrush and brushed at the brushing station after waiting for one of the patients to finish. I turned aorund to sit back where I was and the orthodontist looked at me like I was nutz I said "Yes, I've gone bonkers and lost my marbles." She said "You aid it not me" We laughed. She came back over to me and did major "Reprox" Intersproximal Reduction(IPR) on the upper four and a small amount on the bottom. I said to her "Hey save me some tooth too ya know!" She said "What do you think I am doing, stealing your whole tooth?" I said "Maybe." She said "No, I only take 1/10th of a mm. Which is small and good. She told me the same elastics and I got some more. I told her I was gonig to visit my college, the one I am transfering into. I ended up chosing blue (the sparkly one) for my braces this time around. She said "Oh good, and I will see you in 6 weeks." She walked over to some lady who was like 60 and I find that odd. So I made the appointment with Kathy, and so I left and visited the school in the same area just 20 minutes south. It was AMAZING. I CANNOT WAIT. I got a free shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment