Thursday, January 5, 2012

I broke a bracket Dec 16th

I am soooo upset with myself. I called the office about a pokey wire and they told me I could cut it with either a pair of scissors or nail clippers but I just did NOT feel comfortable so I went out and bought "Distal End Cutters." used specifically FOR cutting the ends of braces. Went to cut it and broke my back bracket. The one I use for my 24/7 ELASTICS GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. So I paged my ortho and she called me back (just in time for work). I answered the phone saying "You're GONNA kill me." She said "what? Why?" I told her how I broke it and how theres the wire just chilling there all sharp in my mouth. So she said "Oh you can just cut it." I'm like "No way man thats how I broke it in the first place." She said "Oh if you break the bracket next to it throw it n the little baggy with the other one and I'll fix them both at once."I thought to myself no way because then I'd go back with no bottom braces on. But she told me "Jenn thank you for calling because all the people I ntreat come to me with like 9 broken brackets and try to deny anything even broke." I was like "WOW are you serious?" She said "Unfortunately Yes. :("  She said "Jenn do not worry this happens to literally every patient. That ressured me. She told me"Just call up the office on Monday, don't come in because I'm not there just my staff is and I need to fix it. And make an appointment for next week." So I thanked her nad told her sorry again.

No comments:

Post a Comment